Tuesday 22 January 2013

For the figurous landscape, I chose to do closeups of parts of the body so it looks like some sort of landscape. As you can see below, these are extreme close up photos. My style of body as landscape is to show close up of feet and arms, and more, to make it look like landscapes.
These images are experiments of my using a macro. It's like taking pictures close up of some part of a body without planning it and making it look like a landscape.
I know that these images can be achieved using my regular lense by being further back and zooming in, but with the macro lense you get a different effect, like a shallow depth of field. Also the quality would b much better on the macro and ore crisp.






Here you can see the camera I used, a tripod, and the Macro lense.

My Nikon D7000. (The lense is what came in the camera, not used for the photos I took)


My 60mm Tamron Macro lense, F/2 - Macro 1:1


A photo of the Macro lense attached to my Nikon D7000


The accessories:
(pro master 7400 Tripod, Macro lense attached to Nikon D7000)

My style of figure as landscap is close to the style of Allan Teger's Bodyscape photographs.(http://www.bodyscapes.com/galleries.htm). Examples of his images are found in the link and they are sorted in different galleries. 
Some examples of his work below as well, just so you can see a couple now.

"Woman Golfer"
http://www.bodyscapes.com/picturepages/woman_golfer.htm


"Train"
http://www.bodyscapes.com/picturepages/train.htm

The reason I think my work is similar to his is because of how he gets a clos-up shot of the body. Although his way of taking the photo may be different. But the idea of turning a part of a body to look like a landscape is why our work is similar.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pan! I was looking for some additional material for me and stumbled upon a site, and a photographer you may be interested at looking in to. Declan McCullagh, and bodyscapes.com do work in the direction you briefed yesterday. You should check it out, bro.

    ReplyDelete