Thursday 31 January 2013

Bellow I have photos of a wrist and someone's hand. After I had my photos shot, I took a picture of the figures using the same macro lense:

A car on a hill





Toy car



To achieve the shots of the figure and the car, I folded a sheet of paper. I took some blue tack and put two pieces on the bottom corners and mounted it on the table, then one in the top middle mounted onto a plastic cup filled with water. After that, I place the subjects onto the paper giving a plane background to select them easily in photoshop and paste them onto a background. I then modified the pasted objects to match the lighting and where it's focused.




This final image above, I added more things to the same image as before.
What I would like to do differently is use proper figures, ones that look like people, and take the photo as they are set on the landscape instead of adding them by using photoshop. I would also like to use them in real landscape, instead of on a part of a body.

I have never done anything like this with photos before, so this is a new technique I have learnt with taking pictures. I also enjoyed this project. I like the idea of figure as landscape, as it plays with the sense of scale.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Panayioti,
    Are these objects special to you? Why did you choose them? I look forward to hearing about this in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete