Monday 15 April 2013

For my final project, I have been struggling with ideas and as I mentioned in my previous post, I narrowed down my options to either macro photography or blurred motion. On the weekend I went on a bike ride along the Olentangy River searching for material to shoot with my camera. Since the weather was beautiful, there were many opportunities to photograph the natural landscape including the wild flowers, which are now starting to bloom. I had thought of Spring time as one of the themes to explore in one of my projects. I started taking some pictures of wild flowers that I came across along the river. These shots were taken with my Tamron 60mm f/2 Macro lens mounted on my Nikon D7000. I also started experimenting with blurred motion. I took pictures of the flowing river and of people running and cycling. I'm thinking of a theme involving time and movement focusing on time passing and speed. This is an idea I haven't fully developed, but I like the potential of using movement to capture time.The technique I used for blurred motion is slow shutter speed and a closed aperture to compensate from too much light coming in.

I am going to choose to do the motion blur technique for my project, which, like I previously mentioned, represents time.

Below are examples of some of the photos I have taken so far with macro and blurred motion techniques.


This ia an example of the macro.



















With motion blur, this is an example of the kind of photos I have in mind.


One of the things I need to consider for future shots is the use of a tripod for better stability and control, especially for blurred motion.

I welcome any ideas and comments that can help me with my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment