Monday 29 April 2013

Things are moving along according to schedule. Last week I took some more photographs, this time focusing on night's traffic. The idea is that I want to show movement and time both during the day and night. I took photos of two directional traffic at night, showing cars moving in oposite directions. I captured the stream of light from the cars, while the roa is in focus. These photographs are good examples of fast moving objects that, because of they are moving and I use a slow shutter speed, it gives the same effect, which blurs the light as it is moving. These fast moving objects are in contrast to slow moving objects, like the woman walking the dog in the park, and other photographs. I am hoping to shoot some other slow moving objects in the next few days.

For the night shots, I went on a sidewalk bridge that is above the freeway. I was located on the end of the bridge, where I would get a shot from the side, so it looks like the road is going diagonal on the viewing area of the photo.

Techniques
To give that effect, I used a slow shutter speed (from 10-20 seconds), aperture from f/22 - f/29, and the ISO sensitivities of 640, 400, and 320.

Here are some photos (post-produced)






What worked was the effect I was going for, like the stream of lights, and I was satisfied with the view that I was able to get and how it affected the composition.

What didn't work was how difficult it was to be able to fix the white balance. The image had the orange cast. The reason I couldn't fix it completely was because there are two or more different types of lighting, like the street lights and car lights, which were competing with each other.


I will be shooting more photographs, showing movement of other things, which is not yet decided, and by my next post I should have something ready to show all my best pictures, which would contain at least 10 images. At the same time, I am selecting my best images. So that concludes that in my final peice you might be seeing images that i haven't sown before in a slide show, or some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment